Cardamom is a spice with great flavour and aroma. Its pods have been in use from centuries for their peculiar essence as a spice. Apart from playing the role of spice in different foods, cardamom finds its use as an ingredient in Ayurveda and many concoctions and home remedies. This plant product contains many such substances including calcium, potassium, iron, Vitamin C, niacin etc. which have a useful impact on your body. It cures some ailments and helps to prevent many others, with its beneficial properties.
18 Remarkable Health Benefits of Using Cardamom
- Improves digestive health- Cardamom speeds up the process of digestion in your body and reduces the inflammation of stomach lining and fights heartburn.
- Fights nausea and upset stomach- It is a go to remedy for an upset stomach and also plays a key role in prevention and curing of nausea.
- Blood pressure, heart health and cardamom- Cardamom is a storehouse of calcium, potassium, magnesium and essential electrolytes. These are the main components of blood and body fluids and regular consumption keeps the health of your heart in a good state by controlling blood pressure levels.
- Helps to heal anaemia- Cardamom pods help in fighting anaemia by giving the immune system a boost. The presence of copper, niacin, iron, vitamin C and riboflavin in the cardamom are known to increase the red blood cells (RBCs) in blood.
- Body detoxifier- Cardamoms are known to be one of the best natural detoxifiers. It is rich in manganese that helps in causing destruction of free radicals in the body. Because of this property cardamom intake also prevents acne.
- Eliminates bad breath- Chewing pods of cardamom help to freshen your breath, the credit of which goes to its soothing aroma and antibacterial properties.
- Restores respiratory health- This little spice is also known to help with respiratory illness. It increases blood circulation within the lungs and gives one relief from breathing problems like asthma, cold and cough. Cardamom has also shown to relieve chest congestion.
- Remedy for digestive tract disorders- The home remedy that includes combining 2-3 cardamoms, ginger and coriander after grinding them and consuming the same in warm water, improves digestion and helps with digestive tract disorders.
- One pod of cardamom and one glass of water– Consuming one cardamom and then drinking 1 glass of warm water before going to bed has shown to reduce the occurrence of hair fall. Practising this daily, makes your hair stronger and increases the moisture level in the scalp. It also helps in reducing weight and improves the circulation of blood in your body.
- Better quality of sleep- Incorporating cardamom in your diet gives you better quality sleep.
- Helps with diabetes- Cardamom is a must add spice to your food if you suffer with diabetes.
- Sore throat remedy- Sipping cardamom tea when experiencing sore throat has proven to be a good and effective remedy as it soothes the irritation.
- How cardamom is an Antidepressant-Cardamom is used in aromatherapy as it helps in relieving depression. Its peculiar aroma has the properties to fight negative emotions and relieve you from stress and worry.
- Cardamom as a solution for food poisoning- Cardamom oil is known to inhibit the growth of bacteria and thus can be a good home remedy in treating food poisoning.
- Cardamom as a cure for hiccups- Cardamom aids in getting rid of hiccups. Simply boil a few pods of Cardamom in water and drink the concoction.
- Boosts bone health- Cardamom helps to keep bone density in good state because it contains good concentration of calcium. This calcium enhances bone health.
- Cure for Acidity-Putting few cardamoms in green tea aids in dealing with acidity and indigestion.
- Beneficial for eyesight- Cardamom is considered a beneficial spice for improving eyesight and the health of eyes.