Best Flip Phone
In this day and time when companies are bending glass just to flip their phones, let’s appreciate the true originals and see which are the best flip phones in the market right now. These phones still have great appeal even against the monopoly of the smartphone in the market. Here is our list of the best flip phones in the market as of 2022.
Traditional Flip Phones
1. Nokia 2720 Flip
Everybody is familiar with the Nokia 3310 or famously known as the brick phone. That same company brings to you one of the best flip phones in the market which is the Nokia 2720 Flip.
- It has a long battery life which lasts upto 3 weeks.
- It has a bright, 2.8 inch display which embeds the loudspeaker making your calls plenty audible.
- Even the outside of the phone has a 1.3 inch display for quick notifications to glance at without opening your phone.
- It is 4G compatible and also works on Wifi.
- It has the major social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and also apps like Google maps.
- It is unlocked so you can use it on any network.
- It is powered by Nokia’s own KaiOS system and not android which limits the apps which can be used on this phone.
- The Camera is also low resolution at just 2MP.
2. Alcatel GO FLIP V
Alcatel GO Flip V is a very similar device to the Nokia 2720 Flip but has minor spec bumps as compared to its Nokia counterpart.
- A 2.8 inch inside display with a resolution of 240×320 pixels.
- 1.44 inch outside display for quick notifications.
- 1GB RAM and 8 GB of ROM with support for a micro SD card of upto 32 GB.
- Supports 4G and Wifi.
- Can also work as a hotspot device for upto 10 devices.
- Its main focus is accessibility.
- More than 300 hours of standby time.
- It also runs on Nokia’s KaiOS system which limits the apps which can be used on this phone.
- Camera is a bit disappointing at 2MP and the picture quality isn’t that great even with the 720p video capabilities.
- Only available in the USA.
- Verizon is its exclusive provider.
3. Kyocera DuraXE Epic
Best rugged flip phone in the market.
- It is made of a material which is military grade waterproof, dustproof, shockproof and drop-proof from upto 5 feets onto concrete.
- It has 16GB of inbuilt storage and compatible with MicroSD cards of up to 512 GB
- Secured grip because of the textured panels.
- Clear sound with dual-mic noise cancellation for great audio even in a noisy environment.
- Bluetooth and Wifi both work.
- Approximately 16-18 days of standby time.
- As the trend on flip phones seems to be, even this phone has a weak camera but still better than the above mentioned as this phone houses a 5MP camera.
- Due to its rugged nature it lacks a sleek and elegant design.
- A bit expensive.
- At&T is its sole provider.
4. XP3 Flip Phone
Another rugged flip phone just to compete with the Kyocera.
- It doubles as a two-way radio. How cool is that?
- It provides for a 3 year warranty.
- 8GB of inbuilt storage sith slots to increase it.
- A 5MP camera which is decent compared to the others on this list.
- No access to social media.
- Vibration motor is pretty weak.
- The rugged nature does not come with a sleek design.
5. Cymbal Z-320 Flip Phone
This is a pretty simple phone which is what most of you are likely looking for. It’s been dubbed the minimalistic phone and the specs of this phone backs the claims.
- It houses a 2.8 inch internal OLED display.
- 4G LTE capable with bluetooth 4.1
- It has an FM radio.
- Only 512MB of RAM and 650MB of internal storage.
- Only a 1 inch display on the outside.
- The camera is as always nowhere near good.
6. Alcatel Go Flip 4
Another great flip phone by Alcatel.
- Unlocked for all carriers.
- Very affordable.
- It has the standard 2.8 inside screen with decent resolution.
- Wifi, 4G and bluetooth connectivity available.
- Micro SD compatible upto 32GB with 4GB internal storage.
- It also has FM radio
- Very user friendly.
- Only 512MB of Ram
- The common 2MP wide angle camera.
- Limited apps
7. F4L Flip Phone
Finally an android powered traditional flip phone.
- As aforementioned it houses the power of android 8.1 Oreo. This empowers all the major apps available on the play store to run on this phone.
- 4G, Wifi and bluetooth connectivity.
- It has both a rear and front camera, 2MP and 0.3 MP respectively.
- 4GB internal storage which is expandable to 64GB.
- Even supports Mp4 and other leading smartphone video file formats. Youtube can also be used to stream videos.
- It’s a very reasonable deal considering everything it packs within.
- Both the rear and front facing cameras are below par.
- The power of android is limited.
- Only 512MB of RAM
Smart Flip Phones
Any best flip phone list is incomplete without mentioning the incredible new smartphone flip phones which have literally flipped the market (pun intended) with their arrival and are now dominating this industry. Though there is a catch, they are more expensive than any other flagship phone out there. So obviously they are just way too expensive than a traditional flip phone. Still here is a list of the best smart flip phones in the market right now.
1. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
The Samsung Z flip 3 is easily the best flip phone out there. It has all the specs of a flagship phone with the clamshell design of a flip phone.
- 6.7inch Amoled internal display with 120Hz refresh rate.
- Upto 258GB of internal storage and 8GB of RAM.
- The outer screen is 1.9 inch and scratch resistant because of the gorilla glass VIctus which it is made up of.
- There are 2 rare cameras (one 12MP and another 2MP wide angle) which are pretty good and one selfie camera(10MP) which is decent.
- The rear camera can also be used as a selfie camera.
- The latest snapdragon 888 ensures no lag on this phone.
- Pretty expensive.
- Battery won’t last a day even on full charge.
- Slow charging speed.
- The inner screen is very fragile.
- No expandable storage.
2. Motorola Razr 5G
The original Motorola Razr was a classic back in the days and this model tries to be just that, but smarter.
- Premium build quality and an iconic design.
- It has a 6.2 inch inside display.
- Outside display of 2.7 inches which allows you to use it to complete some menial task without opening the phone.
- It comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
- It provides for fast charging.
- The main screen is made of plastic.
- The resolution isn’t HD and also the refresh rate is just 60Hz.
- Only 2,800 mAh of battery.
- Mid-level 765G snapdragon chip.
- Way too expensive if we take all the specs into consideration.
The flip phones are excellent phones for someone who loves the flick it provides. On a serious note they are excellent for those who do not prefer the social media life and wish to stay away from social media but still need a phone to maintain the daily communications.
For this customer base there isn’t really the need for a good camera or too much storage on their phone. So the cons that have been mentioned above shouldn’t be a bother to you but we’ve still mentioned them so you can make the best choice according to your need.
This list also houses the flagship expensive level smartphones just because we like to be thorough with our work and without them it would’ve been an incomplete list. If you have any queries feel free to ask us in the comment section below and we’d be happy to answer you.