10 Must-do Yoga Asanas & Their Health Benefits
Waking up with a tired body and being sluggish all day? It’s best to continue with at least 20 minutes of yoga to begin your healthy quarantine day. The year of coronavirus has created a lot of trouble all around the world but it has even taught a good lesson to the world while showing improvement in nature. Coronavirus has destroyed many lives but if you Follow Social Distancing and maintain self-quarantine it will not harm you. Due to Covid-19, everything is locked down. Lockdown has given the best time to the world to change their lifestyle which they always wanted but never got time to do.
We always complain that we don’t have enough time to spend with our loved ones or to work on our health. Even if you are working from home, you are saving travelling time. So, We have enough time. You can spend that time with family and on your health.
To improve your health: The first and foremost thing our body needs is strength, energy, capacity to do any kind of work. Yoga is only the asana that can provide you all these. Yoga has been celebrated as an International Yoga Day on 21 June since 2015, originated in India.
There are yoga asanas which can help to fight any disease or to stay fit and fresh. It is one of the best medicines for any kind of disease. Before doing the gym we need some strength but yoga provides you strength. Yoga benefits all. There are the basic asanas which have all the ultimate goals of yoga. It helps in better your body posters, clear blood circulation, weight loss and so on. These days we are suffering from some problems but with the help of lockdown all around the world, everyone is at home and are free and can make themselves routined for the new change in their lifestyle.
So I think this is the best time to get started with something new which will not only help to reduce your stress but it will make you mentally as well as physically healthy and happy. Yoga has all solutions for almost all types of disease. With the help of medicine, people can control the disease like BP, sugar level, cholesterol but you cannot cure it. Yoga is a harmony between humans and nature. It can cure.
Note: Drink a glass of warm water and start your beautiful day with these top 10 yoga asanas every day.
List of 10 Yoga Asanas For Beginners & And Their Benefits With Pictures
Vajrasana is also known as Thunderbolt pose or Diamond pose. It describes a variety of poses like – Kurmasana, Padadirasana, Ananda Mandirasana, etc. and each one has its own role. It is one of the easiest yoga asanas to perform and is the most beneficial asana. Degenerated cells can be regenerated through this yoga asana.
- Aids stomach disorders
- Strengthen the lower back
- Keep the mind calm and meditative
- Betters the blood circulation in our body
- It helps in belly fat loss
- Helpful for stomach problems like acidity, digestion problem, and so on.
2. Baddha Konasana
Baddha Konasana is also called a bound angle pose. This asana is a great stress reliever. This asana focuses on the main parts of our body like feet, ankles, lower back, hamstrings, pelvic, hip, knees.
- It helps during the menstrual period.
- Reduces stress in the stomach.
- Relieves pain in the joints of a knee or hip and makes them strong.
- It stimulates abdominal organs, ovaries, bladder kidney.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Benefits pregnant women in a smooth delivery.
- It helps in relieving mild depression, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Stimulates the heart and improves general circulation.
3. Kapalbhati Pranayama
Kapalbhati is a Sanskrit work – Kapal means skull and Bhati means shining. Nowadays people are suffering from a lack of deficiency like Iron, minerals, protein, vitamins, calcium, nutrients and taking pills for that. It may be a stomach problem or haemoglobin deficiency or any problem. There will not be any requirement to take any medicine to get rid of any disease or for any deficiency. This Kapalbhati pranayama helps in curing 99% of mental and physical illnesses. While inhaling and the exhale process, 80% of toxins are exhaled from our body.
- It helps in the functioning of the lungs and respiratory system.
- Cures blood cancer, BP, sugar.
- It controls cholesterol.
- Improves the functioning of the pancreas.
- Cures cyst or any uterus problem.
- Dissolves toxic, and keeps the inner body clean.
4. Anulom Vilom
It is not just breathing exercise; it is a controller to control the pranic energy. The practise of this pranayama helps in balancing the energy which flows inside our body. 50% of our population is suffering from stress. This asana is a controller for our whole body, which can cure, reduce stress and keeps anxiety and depression at bay. While inhaling and exhaling, the toxins are exhaled from our body.
- Cure respiratory issues like asthma and allergies.
- Improve memory.
- It helps to calm the body as well as mind.
- Cures all head problems like- headache, migraine.
- Improves eye problem.
Padmasana is a combination of two words from Sanskrit – the Padma means lotus and asana means yoga. It is a cross-legged sitting meditation pose that looks like a lotus position. This asana helps to achieve the ultimate goals of yoga which connects the mind-body and spirit.
Even it is a Powerful pose, especially for women, because it helps pregnant women with easy childbirth. It also fosters physical stability.
- Restores energy level
- It helps to keep joints and ligaments flexible.
- Calms the brain
- Keep the spine straight.
- Concentration and stay focused.
- It Brings blood pressure under control.
- Improves digestion
- Awakens your consciousness
Pawanmuktasana is also known as a wind-relieving pose or wind liberating pose. It helps to release the trapped gas from our intestine. It also helps to get rid of extra fat from our body. Nowadays, special hospitals for spinal cord disorder are telling “There is no treatment for spinal cord better than Pawanmuktasana.” If our mind and stomach are healthy, our life will look wealthy. To stay wealthy, be healthy.
- It helps to keep the poster of spinal nerves.
- Decrease bloating sensation.
- Give relief from flatulence.
- It helps relieve constipation.
- Improves digestion.
- Strengthens the muscles.
- Betters the blood circulation.
Gomukhasana is a cow face poster that can be seen by the lower limbs that resemble the face of the cow. The knees with a gap in between them look like the mouth. The shin looks like the side of a cow face. The feet look like the ears of a cow. This poster helps to open your shoulders joints which can be benefited to enable a broader range of motion. It is an excellent pose for athletes to test their ability to stay tough in a difficult situation like chest cavity, lung capacity, and breath control.
- Structural balance.
- Diabetes complication.
- Body balance.
- Gastric, diabetes, Spain.
- Provides power to our ankles, thigh, shoulder, armpit, chest, deltoid and triceps.
- Strengthens hip joint.
8. Ardha Matsyendrasana
Ardha Matsyendrasana is a Sanskrit word which is also called as the lord of the fish pose. It is a sitting poster that appears as a spinal twist. This asana includes the half lord of the fish pose and the half spinal twist. This yoga asana helps in stretching the entire spinal cord, and it is useful in bringing flexibility to our whole body.
- 100% satisfactory result for people suffering from pancreas, intestine or back problems.
- Helpful in the treatment of cervical spine, Spondylitis, urinary tract infection, diabetes, constipation, and so on.
- Effective to cure menstrual problems in women.
- Improves the functioning of the reproductive organs.
- Increases blood circulation in the pelvic region.
- It is one of all asana for back problems.
- Increases oxygen supply to the lungs.
- Cures indigestion.
- Also, it helps in strengthening the back muscle and spine.
Ustrasana is a camel pose. It is a posture of kneeling back- bending asana. Regular practise of this asana helps in improving our strength and makes our whole body flexible.
- It is a full pack stretching for our whole body. Like: Abdomen, Facial muscle, Neck, Thorax, Thighs.
- Relieves from back pain.
- Improves poster.
- Improves breathing by opening up the chest.
- Reduces fats from the abdomen, thighs, and arms.
- Keeps the blood circulation better.
- Improves eyesight.
10. Surya Namaskar
Surya namaskar is a complete physical workout for your whole physical fitness. Surya namaskar, also known as the sun salutation.
It is an energetic asana to start your day by doing Pranayam to the sun. It is good exercise, a good asana, good yoga. This yoga makes one healthy and happy.
There is nothing better than this yoga which has all the ultimate goals of your yoga. It has a sequence of 12 asanas. There is no yoga or exercise or any medicine better than this yoga asanas to fight with any type of disease or any type of problem for your body.
- Most helpful in weight loss.
- Thyroid people have got a better result while practising this yoga asana every day.
- It improves memory.
- It helps to get rid of anxiety.
- It helps in losing weight and improving our metabolism.
- Improves sleeping patterns.
- Brings down blood sugar level.
- Keep heart disease at bay.
- Better digestive system.
- It helps in blood circulation and brings glowing skin, and helps in preventing wrinkles and early ageing.
Practice these ten asanas every day to get better results.
Stay Alert, Stay Focussed – Work Better.